Ashcroft, British Columbia is located on the E side of Thompson River.
"Origin Notes and History: The Cornwall brothers who established their ranch, "Ashcroft" in 1862, came originally from the village of Ashcroft in Gloucestershire, where their father had been vicar. When the CPR adopted the name Ashcroft for their station just east of the ranch (and what would become the townsite), the Cornwall's added "Manor" to the name of their home, making it Ashcroft Manor. See also the municipality's website. Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office" (cited: BC Government 2013)
"Imagine a world without photography, one could only imagine."~ Berenice Abbott
Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Keywords:20-Oct-12, 2012, Ashcroft, British Columbia, Canada, Earth Physics Branch, Gravity Station of Canada, GeoMarker, TNRD, Thompson-Nicola Regional District