1 of 10 photos


Kamloops; Campbell Creek Road - Barnhartville Road Area

Kamloops, Campbell Creek Road and Barnhartvale Road is on the S side of Kamloops, British Columbia.

Origin Notes and History:
Campbell Creek Post Office opened 1 June 1905; re-named Barnhartvale Post Office 1 June 1909. Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office

Campbell Creek (Post Office) was named after a settler called Campbell; Barnhartvale is after P.A. Barnhar(d)t, first postmaster at Barnhartvale. At the time it closed, the Post Office was situated partially on L457 and on SE 1/4 Sec 27, Tp 19, R 16. Source: BC place name cards, or correspondence to/from BC's Chief Geographer or BC Geographical Names Office

[cited: BC Government 2013]


“It's often about the simple things, isn't it? Painting and photography are first about seeing, they say. Writing is about observing. Technique is secondary. Sometimes the simple is the most difficult.” ~Linda Olsson

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:North America
Subcategory Detail:Canada
Keywords:20-Oct-12, 2012, Barnhartvale Road, British Columbia, Campbell Creek Road, Canada, Kamloops, Kamloops; Campbell Creek Road - Barnhartvale Road Area, TNRD, Thompson-Nicola Regional District

Kamloops; Campbell Creek Road - Barnhartville Road Area